Group Purpose and Focus:
Preserve Rural Sonoma County’s (PRSC) purpose is to protect the rural character of Sonoma County from the encroachment of industrial spirits processing complexes, event centers, commercial/hospitality activities and other non Ag uses on agricultural lands.
Our focus is on land use policies and effective regulations to govern the permitting of wineries, distilleries and event centers.
- Actively support policy, regulatory solutions and enforcement that sustain long-term cooperation among residents, businesses and the Ag community.
- Work collaboratively to develop a comprehensive approach to ensure retention of Sonoma County’s quality of life and the future health of our region – economically, socially, and environmentally.
- Share information and leverage action across groups through public outreach
- educate, advocate and organize to protect our families and neighborhoods, addressing traffic safety, noise, water availability, infrastructure and other impacts on the quality of life
- challenge winery and event center projects and other commercial/industrial projects in inappropriate rural locations- those that are out of compliance with the general plan, zoning codes and environmental laws